For Program(s) which contain the terms Academic, Associate, Research, or Teaching in the Program Name (hereinafter, “Academic Program(s)”), the following terms shall apply:
- The analysis work performed with the Academic Program(s) must be non-proprietary work.
- Licensee and its Contract Users must be or be affiliated with an academic facility. In addition to its employees and Contract Users, Licensee may permit individuals who are students at such academic facility to access and use the Academic Program(s). Such students will be considered Contract Users of Licensee.
- The Academic Program(s) may not be used for competitive analysis (such as benchmarking) or for any commercial activity, including consulting.
- Notwithstanding any terms of the Agreement to the contrary, Academic Program(s) may be accessed and used by Licensee at the Designated Site or any other location within a 80 km radius of the Designated Site, provided that such location is within the same country as the Designated Site. Such limitations apply to any access and/or use of the Academic Program(s), including, but not limited to, access via a VPN connection or through license borrowing.
- SynMatrix Technical Enhancements and Customer Support (STECS) for the Academic Program(s) will be provided at the sole discretion of Licensor and/or its Affiliates and/or Channel Partners. In the event STECS is provided, STECS (Schedule 1) of the Software Licence Agreement shall apply.