Low Pass Filter Design
Low Pass Filter Design Overview
✓Support 4 practical step impedance coaxial structures
✓Offering the direct dimension synthesis & allow to build the model automatically
✓Calculate both circuit model and physical dimension
✓Provide the generic model-based optimizer to match with the EM simulation
4 Practical Engineering Structures
Step 1: Input the filter specification and synthesis ideal filter performance
Step 2: Define the cavity dimension and obtain “quasi-EM” performance
Step 3: Setup the simulator parameters and run the simulation
- 1) Go to the “Simulation” page and setup the proper parameters which can link to ANSYS HFSS EM simulator.
- ✓ Solution Freq
- ✓ Max. No. of Pass
- ✓ Max. Delta S
- ✓Frequency Sweep Method
- Linear Count or Linear Step
- Freq Sweep Range
- 2) Click “Simulation”, the SynMatrix APP will call HFSS to build the model automatically and run the simulation.
- 3) Be noted that in order to run this simulation, the user needs to download and install the “SynMatrix APP”.
- After clicking “Simulation”, the ANSYS HFSS will build the model and run the simulation automatically.
- Once the simulation’s done, then the simulated results will be imported to Synmatrix and shown as the black dot curve with legend ‘Sim-S11’, ‘Sim-S21’.
Once the optimization is completed, the optimized curve will be returned with legend ‘PL_OPT-S11’, ‘PL_OPT-S21’;
- The specification analysis only applies for LC lump * element basis curve;
- Only RL and rejection parameter will be sent to * optimize;
- User can go to “Simulation” page and click the “Simulation” to update the dimension and re-run the EM simulation
Posted on Jun 15, 2021